Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Monday Nook And Some Exciting News

Image via Cultivate

I'm obsessed with kitchen nooks... can't you tell? I think this one is lovely...symmetry, cornices... although I am still trying to work out what is happening with the cupboard inside the cupboard? .. for the doors to come out and then to retract?... oh yeah, that's it! Live blogging! You see the penny drop live!

My weekend was eventful. I made a decision. As Frank Sinatra would say, "start spreadin' the news"... I booked a flight to New York for August. I'm going to go to the 'BlogHer' conference to learn some stuff and I decided after 4 years of blogging about New England, The Hampton's, Cape Cod....and naming my business after it all... I should get up there and have a quick look around. I ummed and ahhed over it for about 5 minutes and then decided if I only had until the end of the year to live, I would make the decision to go in a heartbeat... so I made it in a heartbeat. I have negotiated with my boys an acceptable 10 days away from them. They have said they miss me already. We're all going to be brave.

My little one has 'Show and Tell' at school this morning and has asked me to be his 'Lizard Transporter'. Brian and Nigella are going into a big bucket for the trip into school. They'll frantically scratch around all the way there, I'm sure!... so I'll have to say nice, soothing 'lizard' things to them.  Then I get to bring them all the way home when son has finished his performance. He's even going to do live cricket feeding. He's hoping to win over his teacher. He doesn't think she likes him that much... as he's a chatterbox and lively and easily distracted and social and obsessed with stick insects and never stops talking about them. He can feel it. Kids are smart. Makes my heart hurt a bit. He's trying hard to shut up in class :( 

I've told him stories. My Grade Two end of year report card? One comment - 'Talks Too Much' ... that was all she said. I was heartbroken. Grade Three? Three words. 'Room For Improvement'. I told him this and he looked at me seriously, and said so gently, "Mum, I think you have improved". 

They were harsh in those days. Hey, I still remember their exact words, 40 years later. Harsh. Please be nice to my boy. Although I'm going to piss her off by jumping all over the classroom, taking photos of him and his beloved 'Inland Bearded Dragons'. That sort of won't help, will it? Hmmm.

Happy Monday! I'll let you know how we go. Tell me what I should do about my boy's teacher. Should I speak to her and tell her how he is feeling? ... or just shut up so she doesn't single him out any more? Parenting is heartbreaking... always. That love in your heart... you'll do anything for them. 
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...