Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Everyday Inspiration and Choir Boys


Look at these lovely black doors, architraves and transoms, in this shop in Brisbane city!

It was a 'lightning speed ' photo manouvre. I waited until the shop assistant (who was eyeing off my lingering self) went out of sight before I whipped out the iPhone. I wasn't so lucky trying to snap a picture of a Chanel frock nearby though, for a 'soon to be married' girlfriend. The security guard and I got well acquainted!

I have visions of a black and white kitchen with this very style... white walls, black doors, door frames and transoms... and these beauties hanging from the ceiling...in a row of three...


I seriously love them. If I could hang them in my shed, I would.
Somewhat industrial, somewhat traditional.

... but they might have to wait for this kitchen... and blend in beautifully with the island bench...


I know, this picture keeps on popping up in my blog... at least I won't lose it!

That's my little one... the tiny blonde one in the front row

And in other exciting news, little tacker's choir delighted the crowds last night, in the 'Queensland Youth Music Awards' final. All the parents were whinging about the $10 admission fee so I joined the choir queue and marched right on to that stage with the little ones and sat with the stage crew in the wings. Prime audience position. 

We bolted, straight after their performance, as it was ridiculously late and all the boys had been on a school excursion that day, to an aboriginal educational display thingy where they all got to chuck boomerangs at each other and blow into gum leaves. They were positively feral by 9pm, even though they looked angelic in their 'whites'.

Friday. Breathe out! My poor big son has so many exams and assignments. His late study nights are getting to him... he looks like death warmed up this morning. I promise, I never worked as hard as he does... even in Uni. What is the world coming to? Even little one sat up until all hours doing his 'Integrated Studies' assignment the other night. I went to bed and asked them to turn the lights out. #motheroftheyear

Happy Friday!
Photobucket


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...