Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

House Thoughts



When I have a spare millisecond in the day, I think about the house. I'm getting closer to deciding on what I want wrt the elevations.

I love interesting roofs. I love gables. It all has to be 'interesting'. I love the top floor in this one... with the corner windows and the matching gables on each elevation. Brings in the symmetry thing which I love. I love everything about this one....except the Roman columns... and I don't want the front door centred like this one, I want it more off to the left..... with a longer porch.


I love the side elevation in this one.... an idea for the elevation for the 20m frontage.
Here it is drawn.



The gable (facing the other street) would have to be extended right through, to above that lower floor gable to provide enough upstairs floor space for bedrooms.... where I have marked in red.


This sort of stops my heart. Just needs the porch to keep on going around the corner to the right, seeing I have a corner block now.... and that portico, to the far left, would be the garage. There'd be no shutters up top... just a set of two of 4 x1 double hungs in the centre of the gable. Rate limiting step? 8.5m height restriction.... as if I'd be allowed to have a roof pitch that fabulous. Sigh.

I like the idea of the 40 m elevation (front elevation) gables being off to the left a little bit and the front door being right next to them... like this.... but still with some sort of matching gable arrangement on the other elevation. Does that make sense?

So let's see if I can come up with something that's a nice blend of these three! 

Good news is, the old house is now tenanted. They have requested that I remove the 2 closed fridges left in the laundry... left by who knows? ... previous tenants? deceased owner? I was too scared to look in them when I went through the place, as they were not powered and closed! Ewww.  I wasn't interested in the house.... or anything in it really... just the land. I sort of had an inkling those fridges would be horrid. Annie from Red Roses Crystal came through with me, when I went through the house for the first and only time. We cautiously poked and prodded things... gently .... and from a safe distance. We giggled like school girls. Annie was hilarious, being so positive and complimentary.... talking up the place, grasping at whatever she could to be positive about the whole thing. "Oh look, it has air-conditioning, that's good", pointing to the only aircon unit in the place, a rusty old window rattler that was on it's last legs. I didn't even look in the freestanding garage to see what was in there!  I think Annie peeked through the window. What was in there Annie? 

Anyway, it's all set up now with new tenants.... so I have some time to plan. I have lots of lighting jobs on at the moment... which is exciting... lots to source and order. I've had some major rummage sessions in the shed with clients. We had everything out this morning. Despite being stacked to the roof, I know where every little thing is. It's a gift. I am eyeing off the empty shed number 163 opposite me.....I think it might be almost time to expand.....  although it's next to the cranky flower people. Could I cope with all the frowns? 

Happy Friday! I am scheming curtains and blinds for a client today. We're also making up some pretty little ticking shades for some of my 'New England Sconces' for her home.... her ensuite..... gorgeous.

Big son has pneumonia. He's like me. If there's a mycoplasma pneumoniae, or any 'atypical', out there, it'll hunt us down. He is full of drugs and on the mend. Thanks for your kind comments and emails to him yesterday. I read them out to him to make him feel better. It did. Make him feel better.

Waffling.....ok, I'm going......

Photobucket


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...