Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cafes, Antiques and Famous Chefs


I arrived at school pick up yesterday.... to realise it was Wednesday.... and I was way too early.... as we still had big son tutoring Japanese, and little one singing his heart out in choir, until 4.30pm...

... so I hightailed it over to the 'Cottage Garden Nursery', one street away, and plonked myself down in above said pink chair for a cool drink.


Gillian Hirst has taken over the cafe which is now 'Gillian's Cafe'... yes that Gillian Hirst!
(who hasn't had the Sandcrab Lasagne from Il Centro, back in the day ... who?)


The cafe was closed for the day.... so after my drink, I wandered...


.... into Katherine's antique store, which is part of the complex.
This little place has a nursery, cafe, antique shops and now even a clothing shop.
It's such a lovely place to hang out.

I am seriously in love with these trunks. #thatisall


Katherine, from 'The Old Boathouse' is who I call the 'Scarlet Pimpernel Of The Antique Scene'....


... she exists, I know she does, because people say they have seen her ..... "oh, Katherine?.. yeah, she was in yesterday... briefly"...
.... really?....really?



These are all her goodies! Look at this beautiful stool!


She has everything!


Even glorious bar carts!

I think, if you like anything here, you can pop over to her blog and ask her to hold it for you.
She surprised me once... with a treasure I thought she had sold... but she was really keeping it for me, after I hyperventilated over it on her blog. 

I'd really like to meet her one day.

Happy Thursday!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...