Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Diamond Days

Boundary St, West End

I've had a glorious week.... and I am taking a moment to be grateful for it.


Business was good. I had a busy week in the shed...


... with lots of after school help, of course :)


Unpacked these the other day and thought they were so pretty, I'm keeping one on my desk.

I savoured my new space, sat at my new desk lots.... and got lots of work done. I am so grateful for the location.... and the gentleman at the front desk, who forklifts my pallets down for me and puts them in my sheds when I'm not there to unpack them! I gave him a bottle of wine the other day. You can never thank happy, willing, free helpers enough, I say.


Solved the world's problems with friends over a 'bucket of coffee' (I asked for a mug).


.. and giggled my way through a meeting with a new blog friend and an oldie in the same establishment. Same establishment, different day... different calorific morsels.


Squealed my way through a warehouse sale with a bloggy friend yesterday. Oh, the clothes were such beautiful quality and so cheap.... and we kept finding new racks, after deciding.. "that's it, I don't need any more". My friend owns a fashion agency, that supplies all the glamorous boutiques. We used to be neighbours in West End... and her 4 girls used to play with my boys. We miss them. Another thing to miss about West End. Sigh. 

I even got some animal print (I folded under bloggy pressure, with Katrina and FF and RRC espousing the glory of it all)... although the boys reckon I look like Brian and Nigella's sister... and they call it the BD print ('bearded dragon print'). I did a fashion parade of all my purchases in front of an underwhelmed, faking interest, teenager and a delighted little one, who kept genuinely saying, "this is so exciting Mum"...(chalk and cheese)... and yes, we don't get out much so it doesn't take much to excite the little one. I can't remember the last time I splurged on a new wardrobe! I'm a new person!

Justine's (Posto, Boundary Street, West End)

Had to do the 'post fashion purchasing frenzy' debriefing in a familiar establishment...seeing we were tripping the light fantastic in West End and all. We discussed important world issues, like fake fur jackets, blog photography, the gorgeous floral arrangements next door in the Japanese florist shop and whether I need to go to 'BlogHer' in New York in August... because life is short and I have never been to New York.


I know, I know..... that Haloumi Special... it's going to be the death of me. 
I'm going for a run right after this post!


... and yesterday, my Mum rang (way too early in the morning) to inform me that I got a mention in the paper! Twice!


I was wondering why my shop was unusually busy for a Saturday!
Thanks Paddy!

Do you notice the diamond days? As I am getting older, and time is passing so fast, I come to a standstill, even in the middle of them, and 'scream' a thank you to the universe. Screaming thank you makes past pain worth it, I say..... a passionate way of acknowledging the really good things in life. Life according to me.... 'don't mutter it, scream it'.

Little one is off to Dreamworld for a birthday party today. His birthday friend got to take two special friends and little one was one of the chosen two..... he's so chuffed. 

It's going to be nice and quiet here today!
First, I'm running off that Haloumi.

Happy Sunday!
Photobucket
Oh and PS, Brian and Nigella say hello.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...