Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Pocket !!

I know that many mothers have favourite versions of  baby carriers that they have used over the years (if you have a large family). In fact we have  had this version of Baby Carrier:Snugli (below)- Obviously not me or our baby, since Kynan was a baby.
Kynan was  a projectile vomiting baby and we were advised to get a Snugli for him because keeping him upright was a supposed help to him.
We bought this second hand for $80 over 21 years ago, wow that was a huge expense for us then.

I never really was happy with the way the baby carried in it, even with the second little pouch that the baby sits in. The baby seemed floppy and I still had to hold the baby with my hand which effectively eliminated the hands free focus of the pouch.
We did persist with this for all those years though with each new baby but sadly I was never a huge fan and mostly just carried our babies in my arms (and getting strained neck and back muscles).

When we had Arwen I really wanted to try a new sling style as everyone in the baby wearing department was so happy with them. Still being not very knowledgeable about them we purchased the one we have now.

She seemed to like it for  a while but then I still had difficulty carrying it, I just couldn't get it right!
A Blurry photo of me, Arwen and the Pocket!
However the funny thing was that Corbyn then nearly three when he saw me wearing it for the first time with Arwen started referring to it as 'the pocket,' and as we love those special names that our  little ones name things it has since become 'the pocket' from then on.

I am actually enjoying wearing Trahaearn in 'the pocket' and can carry him for extended periods of time, even hours which I was never able to do with the Snuggli or even last time with Arwen in the pocket.

I can now appreciate the value of the pocket and what I can still do while having our precious dumpling right with me as I carry on with other tasks.

In fact there is a waiting list of those other children, who are old enough, who want  a turn carrying Trahaearn in the pocket.

I am not sure what I will go to when he is older though.
Does anyone know how old before we need to transition to another type of 'pocket' and what would be the best sort for longer usage for an older baby/ toddler?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ♥. Until then I will just enjoy carrying our treasure close to my heart in....... 'the pocket!'

Blessings to you and your homes,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...