Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Catalogue

Image Courtesy 'Wish You Were Here'

I think this is just beautiful. I would love to know it's history. 

I AM going a bit industrial/'science lab-ish' I think!

This reminds me of the library catalogues we used to look up journals in at Uni. Before computers... well computers were around in the early 80's but they were out of sight in the library (and CS101 consisted of marking off little cards for Pascal and Fortran)..... you had to pay the librarian $10 for a 'Medline Search' if you wanted to do any research and it took 2 days to get the results. Then you had to bus it to all the different Uni libraries to hunt down your journal articles. 
I wonder what was catalogued in this beauty?

Happy Monday!
Photobucket
PS. Head over to 'Vosges Paris' for more 'Industrial Inspiration': HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...