Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Enough About Me, How About You?

Via Rachael Phillips, Pinterest


"Your blog is your unedited version of yourself". ~ Lorelle


As you've probably noticed, I am pretty diligent wrt popping into my blog each day and rabbiting on about something/anything. It's a daily habit now.... over 3 years of espousing my opinions on everything.... are you sick of me yet? Hmm, dangerous question. I have had a few life setbacks recently and to be honest, some days/weeks I have struggled to be here. Some days, when I just want to bypass the computer and head out the door, I ask myself, 'why DO I blog? what draws me here?' I am sure you ask yourself the same question, especially when the blogging mojo flies out the door, as it often does.

Why do I blog? First and foremost, I put something up most days as I know that many of you join me for breakfast and coffee in the mornings. I know you are there waiting for me. I receive your emails about how my blog fits into your life. I am grateful that I can be part of your day in some little way.

Secondly, the friendship. You are my friends. I have met many of you in person and I share my day with you, long after my blog post in the morning. We tweet, we email, we share, we scheme, we support each other, we meet for coffee, I stalk your building sites!

Thirdly, I believe blogging has helped me discover me. Through my interactions with you, I have discovered more about myself than ever before. I also think I tune in each morning to 'be with me'. This is where I can be me. Funny isn't it. This blog is me.

And lastly, I am going to build another house and I want you there to help me again. I couldn't have done it last time without you. Honestly. Wait for me, will you? It's gonna be a beauty.

I feel like a bloggy rest this weekend (although I will have to post tomorrow just quickly when Katrina and Amie finish their first room on 'The Block'. Have to put in my 2 bobs worth).

So why do YOU blog? What keeps you going? What inspires you to check in every day? How has blogging changed/shaped you as a person? I am so curious to know what YOU think.

..... and Happy Friday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...