Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Renovation Fantasy

,

I love this place I run past each morning. It's old and lopsided and sort of 'spooky', as my little one would say....but it's got the whole 'bungalow thing' happening. 

I love it's roof line and the fact that it's low to the ground. It's got a beautiful big, L-shaped, closed-in verandah around to the left.... that runs down the whole left hand side.... that is screaming to be opened up for our summery climate. 

I like the entrance. I'd turn those steps into some solid random stone steps to anchor the whole house and get the whole 'bungalow thing' happening. I'd rip out the iron bars (I know why they are there though... 'interesting' street), change the skillion roofline a bit and open out the verandah, whack on a new colourbond roof, do the picket fence thing complete with the prettiest gate, stone the path to the steps and do lavender hedging along the path. I'd add some pretty, double-hung 4 x 4's in the bay window too, trim the tree, grow some lawn in the shade and put in a pretty garden seat......

...stop me now! Stop me. 


It's lovely isn't it? Would love to see inside. I bet it's all very original.... archways, sleepouts... maybe even the original kitchen with an old stove recess ....or some groovy 1950's kitchen. The heritage colours on the bay window suggest even maybe a 1980's touch up? Those colours were all the rage in the 80's.... heritage green, mustard yellow and maroon. There could even be a funky 1980's, canary yellow kitchen inside??!!

What would you do? What colours would you use? Would you keep the entrance as it is or take it back to the verandah and start from there?

I want to do a low house next time. No steps. Bungalow-ish. Next time.

Happy Wednesday! 
My boys are off for a play date so I have the whole day to work.... uninterrupted. Delicious.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...