Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Home and Hearth

"Thus, simply as a child, we learn a home is made from love. Warm as the golden hearth fire on the floor."

I have no idea where I first saw this quote but immediately it resonated with me. 
It seems so obvious to me that a home is made of love. 
This is a goal I aspire to each day, that the home we have with our children would be one that is golden, warm and inviting to be in.

I remember from one of my many "Mothering books" I can't remember which but it is something I always remember: that we want to make our home a place where our children 'PREFER TO BE over any other place.' 
And because it is it will aways be a 'conscience place ' for them in their memories as they leave home. That in this constantly warm and loving  family circle within a home where love is shown that when our children are tempted by wrong and evil this 'Home and Hearth' will be able to help stear them on the path of good and right choices.
That has always stuck with me and what I strive for in the home I try to create for our family. A place we return to day after day, to refresh and be with one another. 
Not because we have no where else to go BUT because that is where we want to be.

Blessings to you and your homes,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...