Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Lighting Idea


Look at this great idea! 

It's a row of pretty little lights in a new eatery near my local supermarket.... well actually the supermarket I drive over the bridge to now ......as the addicts sniffing the cleaning products in the cleaning aisle in my real local one frightened my boys.... real life lessons hey... I digress....

Anyway, they were still building the place so I stalked the workers and finally found the designer out the back pouring over plans. He told me the lights are made from old glass lamp bases. These are the bases the lamp used to sit on. The rest of the lamp was turfed. They must have gotten their hands on a heap of them.


I went back when the place had opened. Unfortunately the trusty ol' iphone camera didn't pick up the detail in them all. I should have asked them to turn them all off so I could take a decent photo. They were not all the same which made the row of them even more exquisite.

I am now obsessed and searching for old glass lamps!

Happy Friday.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...