Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Reach Of Social Media


Look what the beautiful Jo from Love Stamp sent me! Just because. We have gotten to know each other through Twitter. I received it yesterday. These are the second set of photos I took. The first lot? I had to go back and dust my table. That iPhone is so powerful sometimes... it picks up amoebas in photos! 


"You hold the key to my heart". Gorgeous. Thank you Jo! It is so special. Look I can still see dust! How good is that iPhone camera! 

And in other breaking news.....thanks to my beautiful Twitter friends, and their retweeting of my tweeting of my blog post yesterday.....and their addition of the words 'Epic Fail' to their tweets!, Origin made contact with me through Twitter (saves sitting on a mobile phone for 3 hours.... I don't have a landline for portability... always moving!). I have a Case Manager now who arranged for some money to be transferred into my account, which will go towards replacing the contents of my fridge. The most heartbreaking part of cleaning out my festering fridge was tossing out all the beautiful meals my friends had lovingly cooked for me over the past few challenging weeks.

My power came back on yesterday afternoon. 'Mr Energex' arrived with beautifully coiffed hair. He confessed that he thought TV cameras were going to be here so he did his hair in the car. He was rather sheepish, as he was the one who removed all my fuses and locked up my meter yesterday. Just doing his job. Under directions from Origin. We chatted about the meaning of life until he got a phone call saying 'hurry up' from his boss. Yes, heaven forbid some customer service and my need for a chat.... even if it was with 'Mr Energex'. 

My boys had been happily playing their Nintendos in the apartment complex corridor all afternoon, plugged into the cleaner's powerpoints. Big one said to me, "just think Mum, Bill never has electricity, or a hot shower". We all had a gratitude moment back inside, listening to the hum of the fridge and the remote control blinds going ballistic, up and down, up and down, until they worked out that they had a constant source of power and calmed down!

Later on I had a visit from a public relations person from Origin, from here in Brisbane. She confirmed my grocery money and said she'll get back to me about my impending bill for the last 8 months I have been here. It will be interesting to see this bill..... as the meter I have been paying my bills for is at 36 which doesn't exist. But Origin say they have been visiting this address at number 45 to read the meter. But this meter was cut off as no account was attached to it. So my other fictitious account, where did they get the meter readings for that? I still can't get my head around it so it is going to be interesting hearing Origin's take on the whole thing.  I will be taking your advice my dear readers and progressing to the Ombudsman if need be. Definitely. 

And in sad news, it looks like we have lost the whole batch of lizard eggs that my boys were lovingly caring for. An outcome of this whole fiasco that can't be remunerated. There were 15 babies anticipated. 
Nigella is still sitting there protecting them, even though they are all shrivelled... and 'cactus' as my boys keep saying. There have been tears.

But all is good.... fridge full of food, love from our friends and family.
Life is good.

.....and breathe out!

Thank you! :)
Photobucket
PS If you want to chat to me via Twitter, I have a link on my bloggy side bar. I can be found at 'TheHouseOfAM'.... and if you want to get in touch with Origin, they're now in my Twitter followers list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...