Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Self Gifting


Popped in to see Daryl, in his gorgeous shop ' Du Monde' last week, and 'self gifted' myself this gorgeous Glasshouse scented stick thingy. It's divine. The fragrance is Monet's Garden. Sigh. Very tuberose-ish. I placed it on the little table near my piano near the entrance to our apartment. Very fitting that Daryl did a post on "What Makes A Good Entrance Foyer" over on his bloggy yesterday. I don't have a foyer as such but when you do enter my abode, wham, you are hit with the fragrance of a French Garden.... it's a good start!

I love Daryl's aesthetic. It's classical and elegant, timeless and classy. If I had to hire an interior designer.... or do a TV show challenge (Block/Renovators/Top Design style), I'd pick him. His 'judgements of sentiment and taste' I can really relate to. We wouldn't fight either... he's too nice! 


Check out this beautiful sofa he has just gotten in. The old iphone doesn't capture the beautiful blue it really is. Let's just say, it stopped me in my tracks. I had a bounce all over it. It is as comfy as. 



And look, there's even a chair to match. Sigh.


Daryl also has some beautiful Restoration Hardware pieces too. Seriously gorgeous. Daryl's lovely shop is at 1/169 Latrobe Tce, Paddington, Brisbane. Say hi from me. He also has a bloggy HERE

Finding it hard to get started this Monday morning. I thought a change of environment would be a start so I am digging into a ham and cheese croissant and a 'bucket' of coffee at my 'local' coffee shop. Sometimes it is easier to get motivated around noise and people and general conversations.... which I must stop... if I am going to get any work done and reply to my emails. If you are waiting on an email reply from me, I'm getting there!

Have a Happy Monday my friends,
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...