Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Green Stuff

Image Courtesy Style Files

Isn't this a lovely idea for apartment dwellers... like myself. If I had this set up I could almost convince myself that I was shacked up somewhere fabulous in France. 

I do miss the green stuff associated with living in a house....grass, a garden, trees, birds (well they're not always green but you get my drift). We have a teeny, tiny little grassed area near our complex's pool. My boys gravitate towards it almost every day. The unit manager is always stalking my boys and growling at them if their soccer ball ends up in the garden, or if they leave their jackets out overnight.... or if they sit and quietly giggle in the BBQ area, discussing their favourite Pokemon characters, on a Sunday morning at 11am.... "shhh, people are trying to sleep".... what at 11am on a Sunday?.. well, why are the pool hours from 6am then? "He hates our guts Mum". "Yep, I think he does, son".


So here they are being very resourceful, very creative... playing without that 'evil' ball of theirs.... a game called 'No Arms'... where they have to wrestle each other to the ground, without using their arms. It's hilarious to watch. Yes, and 'he' was watching them from afar, ready to pounce on them if they made a peep. I was hiding nearby to stick up for them if he did pounce. 


Don't you love my little one's shirt! That's his brother's school shirt that he accidentally wore to school yesterday. I didn't notice it as we walked out the door as it was tucked into his shorts and he was covered in school bags... but when he untucked it after school... "whaaat??? ...how did I not notice that this morning?"....preoccupied Mother! 

Terrible photos... but you get the idea.

I'm off to consume some French themed calories this morning with a lovely bloggy friend of mine....another wonderful online friendship that has spilled over into real life. Will be sure to photograph what I consume. An 'I Ate Brisbane' blog post is long overdue I think.

I am going for a run first though... to minimize the damage... might see James again.

Happy Wednesday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...