Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Good Things


Look at this stash I delivered to Bill this morning. Thank you lovely readers for your generosity. For this lot, a big thank you to Michelle Sc, Kellie Ma and A-Mi. You know who you are as you can see your goody piles! 


I think that is almost a smile! Don't ya love the hat. Bill lost it and went into the West End Salvos to ask them if they would donate him a hat. They said no!!!!!! Hmmm. So he left empty handed and found his hat again on the footpath in the main street. Talk about the universe looking after him. 

So I left Bill to rummage through his goodies while I went for my run and on my way back, as I passed him again, it was nice to see that he had already cracked open a beautiful new book of paper and had started creating with all his new materials! 


Bill has decided to do a bit of 'modern art' so he was keen to show me some of his latest work.

This was his first one...the one that inspired him to take his modern art further. He said it is very special to him as it is his first.... so he gave it to me. Thank you 'Lord Harry', I will treasure it alongside the photograph of your famous floral arrangement that you gave me. Speaking of his famous flowers...his arrangement was totally dead this morning. Slim pickings for wildflowers around here at the moment. We haven't had rain since the flood... that's almost 7 months.


That's Circular Quay! See the Opera House in the middle?!


Don't you love his trees?!
 I said this one has a real 'journey to the centre of the earth' aesthetic. 
He wrote that down. I think I inspired him there for a millisecond.


This was done with the new crayons I gave him a fortnight ago. He has already used them up. 
Not being artistic in the slightest, I had no idea that artists plough through materials that quickly! 
Notice how Bill draws everything to a focal point in his work. The eye is always drawn to a central point. We sat and pondered why this is for a while and then got onto more serious issues such as the best natural cough remedy and what a beautiful morning it was. I could have sat for hours but I had to start my day.... sometime! 

The West End ferry now has a new terminal after the first one washed away in the flood. That means James is back, selling the Big Issue at the ferry terminal. So I am heading in the other direction for my run tomorrow. James one day, Bill the other. As for Ken, I need to get down to see how he is going... his flood repairs are going very very slowly. Stay tuned!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...