Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Monday


How about we start off the week with some pretty flowers? These beautiful orchids were given to me by my friend A-Mi (Anne-Marie with a i)..... yes shoved in a water jug... my kingdom for a vase. That photo was taken on our rainy Saturday... boy did it rain... from my little kitchen table.


Here is the first load of the contents of my shed heading off to various locations. I know that bed of mine was slept on last night by a woman who escaped domestic violence. My bookcases, desks, side-tables and armchairs were going to a family who has been homeless but now they have a roof over their heads. My treadmill and exercise bike went to victims of the flood, trying to put their lives back together. And my ping pong table is going to a men's shelter. 

Yes, this is another big plug for 'GIVIT'.... head on over there and list things that you don't need, that are in good nick. You'll be contacted by a charity who needs your things.... specifically needs your things for people who have been through the ringer of life. You end up knowing exactly where your things are going and they go straight to those in need.... not into an overpriced op shop! It warmed my heart to know that someone was going to be sleeping in my bed last night. 

I did a little dance in my empty shed. My life feels lighter. More portable. I only have what I need now. The last bits of 'The House' have gone. Now, what to do next?!!

Happy Monday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...