Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

I Sat


Isn't this place gorgeous? It's up in the main street. It's a business... but every morning when I run past I imagine myself sitting and sipping coffee on the front verandah. I am obsessed with cottages at the moment and whip out the trusty phone camera whenever I find a beauty. I think the obsession has to do with living under apartment rules. I am sort of sick of being told what to do and how high my boys cannot jump.


That said, we did have a spectacular sunset last night from our apartment and I sat on our deck and pondered life for way longer than I should have. "Mum, is dinner soon?".... "yep, any minute now"... having not prepared a thing. 


Yesterday it just felt so right to sit for ages. It's so beautiful as the sun sets and the river changes colour. It goes all metallic and sparkly just as the sun dips and then all the runners become little bobbing silhouettes. But only very briefly. The silhouettes go as soon as the street lights come on. It's nice to take the time to embrace the little nuances of dusk. 


I lit candles when it got dark and just sat. I think these days, with all our technology, gadgets and the need to always be connected, maybe we don't take enough time away from them all, to sit and just let time pass. I know myself, when I remove all distractions and just sit and look at something beautiful, I can really clear my mind out and even solve little niggling problems (all except really overdue Hamptons lights, bobbing out in the sea somewhere).

Now aren't I good. I wasn't going to post this morning. I am needing a break from technology... which is a bit hard when your livelihood is based on being online....but I rose to the challenge as I know a few of you join me for coffee each morning and I didn't want to let you down.

I have a client coming to me this morning so we are going to leisurely ponder house plans and furniture catalogues over coffee and cake. A nice slow start this morning. 

Happy Tuesday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...