Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Boy's Rooms

Oh the symmetry!!! Lights, look at the lights!

Even though my next house is only at plan stage, I am looking for inspiration for my boys' rooms. I don't know about you but I am seriously over the 'primary colours' and 'red, white and blue nautical' themes that have done the rounds for the last decade. Guilty as charged.

I am slowly getting my 'industrial' on, right across the design board, and love how these beautiful traditional boy's rooms, from Restoration Hardware, incorporate industrial accents with blue and neutral tones and pops of leather and rustic browns.


Timber, leather, iron, maps and baskets....


... more leather, metal... bedhead, desk and bedframe... but it is still imbues a cozy feel due to the carpet and the leather pouffe and chair. I love the crate under the desk, and the metal wall organisers flanking the rustic blackboard. Look at the two pendant lights over the desk! Keep breathing! 


Oh the lights! and the leather bedheads!... check out the bedside trunk and the groovy storage units at the end of the bed. I have one of those world map, Indian tent pouffes!... so I have made a start! See how they have still incorporated navy and red... but in a less nautical, more worldly, sophisticated manner....


... now there's a thought!... my small Orb Chandelier in a boy's room. Perfection.


.... and what kid's room is complete without a Chesterfield. I mean really. Check out the desk and the metal shelves... and that light! Yep, I think I have found my boys' room inspiration.

I think these are timeless. Put these little boys in 19th century sailor suits and black and white that photo... and this could have been a boy's room 200 years ago... look no computer's, children reading and drawing.... just like they did before the zombies took over our children and rendered them incapable of leaving their Nintendos and going outside in the fresh air to play soccer and ride bikes!


See?... so just imagine them in their sailor suits. So 1800's... so Sherlock Holmes-ish!

What do you think? Do you love the subtle 'industrial' edge in these rooms? At least the furniture would withstand the rough and tumble of 'boy life'.

Speaking of rough and tumble, I'm off to the shed and then I am doing something active with my boys this afternoon, before I head to Melbourne tomorrow.

Happy Tuesday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...