Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

What's Your Minimum Standard?


So I mopped the floors yesterday.....like REALLY mopped them, over and over.... because I really can't remember the last time I mopped them. Really. "Umm ahhhh", as they would say in the playground.

I vacuum them often enough....as we live with all our doors flung open...open to the dirt of local construction and leaves from the trees on the river. The unforgiving western sun in the afternoons also highlights every little bit of fluff.... so I have to clear up the crumbs (I mean chunks) under the boys kitchen stools and the tumbleweeds of my hair which I find everywhere..... but mopping?.... hmmm... goodness my priorities have changed in my life.

What's your minimum housework standard? 

I have to have the kitchen spotless when I go to bed at night... especially the sinks. I like to get up to a clean kitchen and start the coffee and school lunches without one single reminder of yesterday's housework. And the bathrooms?... 'nuked' with Domestos once a week.... and I have to yell out and tell everyone I am doing it so it is appreciated while I am doing it..... because I hate it. "Yes, Mum, thank you for our clean toilets". 

But I don't have a housework routine. I clean as I go... if I notice it is needed. I've known those damn floors have needed a mop for ages... but I've always found something more important to do. I suppose in the big scheme of things.....they don't really matter.


Life gets simpler as you get older, doesn't it? The things that really matter become glaringly obvious and things that don't? ... meh. I am at peace with irregularly mopped floors. What do you reckon? Is housework taking more of a back seat in your life? Are you living the 'minimum standard' too?

I'm going for a run! 

Happy Friday... and thanks for all your lovely comments about my beautiful boys yesterday. xx

Photobucket
Quotes Via Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...