Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

An Interesting List



I came across an interesting article in my travels, listing the following top 10 'Timeless Classics' over the past 10 years.

1. White on white
2. Slip covers
3. Sunburst mirrors
4. A hand-written thank you note
5. Freestanding bathtubs
6. Subway tiles
7. Ghost chairs
8. Blue and white
9. Alabama marble
10. Monograms

Hmmm, I must admit, without intentionally breaking anyones heart... the 'Sunburst' does not personally do it for me... a thousand apologies..... and the 'Ghost Chair'.... meh... I'd prefer the original. The rest... yep, timeless. If I was compiling my own list I would also add traditional moldings, transoms, architraves, cornices... if I was allowed to extend it to timeless architectural elements. I think a timeless 'canvas', on which to work on, enables incorporated 'current fads' to remain more timeless than their intended lifespan!

What would you add to the list? Original article here at: Birmingham Home And Garden

Happy Wednesday!
Photobucket
PS. He's gone. 'Duck' is gone. Apparently he was cut free by vandals before the duck race and ended up in a rather sorry state down near the Story Bridge. I don't know if they managed to get him back for the race. I think he was supposed to be the finish line. Sad ending. Missing you 'duck'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...