Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Goodness It's November!


.....like well into November... and then it will be December ...which means it will be Christmas.
How did that happen? Christmas? Holidays? I'm still getting a hold on the rest of the year. 

I must admit, as soon as I saw Faux Fuchsia's tree go up, I knew I was going to have to put my skates on soon.... even though FF does follow a 'Retail Christmas' and whack it up sometime in what?...September?. Goodness, I don't even know where my Christmas tree is?.... somewhere at the back of the shed?...behind 50 million lights. It won't fit in my small-ish apartment anyway. What to do?

Should I embrace simple elegance and maybe do a Christmas themed entrance vignette like this lovely one from the Decorating Emporium? Little teal ply trees, what a sweet idea. Or should I find a tree that fits my place? Do many of you cheat and not have a tree? What other ways can I make my place Christmas-ish without a tree. I am conscious of creating family traditions... although the boys seem rather nonplussed about the whole tradition thing. Will they grow up needing therapy if we don't do the Christmas tree thing? What do you do? Do you pull out all stops?..... or embrace 'Christmas Minimalism'  (I just made that terminology up... there's something in that though!)


Getting side tracked...(which is what I tend to do well, working from home and all)... I did spy these lovely cushions over at the Emporium which I seriously, probably have to have. Throw a pretty cushion my way on Christmas Day and I am happy. 

Ok, so what should I do? Tree or no tree? Something else? Suggestions?

Happy Wednesday!
Photobucket
PS. Speech Night is tonight - where big son is getting an award and playing his guitar in the ensemble. Will try to take some photos with the trusty iPhone. I bought a frock. I now own 3!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...