Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bloggy Bragging Rights


The best thing about having a blog, is when really good things happen you can tell the world, even if they don't want to hear about it. 

Here's my beautiful boy up on the big screen at Speech Night...... walking on stage to receive his award for 'Academic Excellence'. I bawled my eyes out. Our toughest year ever and he buries his head in his books and excels. Nice.


Yep, that's the best the trusty iPhone could do from our Mt Everest seats. 

It was all rather flash last night as it was the 100th Speech Night of the school. It was in the Performing Arts Centre Concert Hall. My son received his award from a gentleman who was School Captain and Dux Of The School back in 1942. Special. 

They had Archbishops and Deans and choirs and stuff... and the Guitar Ensemble's soothing tones emanating through the drinks foyer.



There was a raised eyebrow from the conductor when I climbed over his ensemble members and into the ensemble (between pieces) to get this shot of 'my boy'. All was forgiven when the conductor realised I was the only one whooping and clapping at the end of each piece. My son's friend in the ensemble said to him, "listen, someone clapped". My son said, "yeah, that's my Mum. That doesn't count". 

I know what it's like to perform to a distracted 'drinks crowd', every clap is appreciated. 

Video recording at bottom of post. Can't believe I managed to load it up. First time for everything!



Little one was happy. He got to eat chips. 
He was the only little tacker there from the Prep School so he got lots of 'hair ruffling' from the big boys.



So proud. 

I would rent forever, if I had to, to keep my boys at that school.
Just sayin'.

Happy Thursday!

Photobucket
PS. This is my first attempt at doing a YouTube thingy in a post. Let's see if it works.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...