Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tech Talk


I am thinking about my next house. I am thinking and planning and visualising. I have files and files of images that I am using for inspiration in planning my next project. This image is a favourite as I like the idea of eave returns on gables. An 'eave return' is the extension of the roof eave at the gable end of the building. I do love the boxy chunkiness of the eave return on this dormer gable. It all works for me.. the roof pitch of the dormer, the eave return... and the exterior colour that contrasts so beautifully with white trims, the shingles. Sigh. The cupola stops my heart too. Gotta have a cupola.... somewhere. 


If you have a penchant for technical drawings, here is what I would consider the perfect eave return, drawn up by Travis Kinney of Gulfshore Design . I like how the little roof on the return has quite a low pitch and I love the molding under the return. 


Look at the eave return on his latest project. Perfect.

I am going to see if Mr Kinney consults from afar, like over the sea and down into my hemisphere. I love his work. Wouldn't that be exciting... working from one of his drawings.

In other non technical, motherly news... school is out as of 3pm this afternoon. Looking forward to hanging out with my boys for weeks and weeks on end.

Hoorah! What. A. Year. We made it!

Happy Thursday! Happy 1st of December!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...