Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Ageing

Something pretty - courtesy Arden Stephenson

Secret - it was my 44th birthday the week before last. James reckons I don't look a day older than 33... and that's with my beetroot running face and sweat matted hair... not a particularly good look. He's a charmer! Thanks James (he says hi by the way and is still saying thank you to you all, with eternal gratitude). I had a spring in my step after his compliment. Please creaky body, stay 33 in spirit and not 44. As Mark Twain said, "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter".

My boys showered me in pretty presents... and... a fabulous blackjack kit, complete with a professional playing felt and chips! Oh fun! We mastered our blackjack prowess under miners lights during the flood blackouts. Shhh boys, don't tell Gran.. she would not approve of your mother teaching you how to gamble!

"There is a fountain of youth!...it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age" -  Sophia Loren.


I'd be interested to hear your take on ageing. It's 5am, I feel like a chat. Is anyone awake out there? Northern Hemisphere? Oh how I wish I was not an early riser... especially on Saturdays.
My kingdom for a 'sleep in'.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...