Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Glad I Did


I am so glad I persisted with my run yesterday, despite the torrential rain at times, as look what greeted me at the start of it! The road workers and I confirmed that it was a sign that it was going to be a great day! I have never met an unhappy road worker.. there is something in that..... outdoors all day? laughing with mates?... rainbows.... conversations with strangers... I digress.


.... and if I had never strapped on the old faithful runners I would never have heard the beautiful bagpipe music this man was creating. I sat on a fence and listened (yep heart rate was not a priority yesterday)... feeling a bit sad that this is probably the only place he can play without being crucified by neighbours.... pretty nice place though... despite the rain.


....and if I didn't battle the rain (torrential at this stage), I would never have seen the grooviest combi van/camping car I have ever seen. 


Check it out! I would have loved to have met them... but they were asleep. 
I think.


Attention to detail.. sigh! Sort of felt like I was in Europe there for a second.


... and look who I ran in to when the sun came out. Hi James. He's still here a couple of days a week, despite there still being NO ferry terminal.

... and I finally met 'the running girl'! She runs past me (fast) every day while I am doing my 'Cliffy Young Shuffle'. We shout pleasantries to each other as she screams by. It was nice to talk at a standstill.

The sun came out.
It was a good day.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...