Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happenings At Home

I have promised him and only him, the 'Good Chair' for his reading... to encourage more of it.

Well, so far so good. My boys first week of school holidays is going swimmingly. 

The boys agreed on my suggestion that we start the holidays completely computer game free.... just for a week... just like the olden days. I explained my reasons why, before they quite happily agreed (even the ADDICTED little one), sweeping my hand across dusty boardgames and shelves of wonderful kids books!!! They got the message loud and clear... and have been reading and board gaming, swimming in the pool, hanging out with girls by the pool, shooting nerf guns near the pool (much to the delight of Mr Cranky Supervisor)... go boys!... and I have even heard big son attempting to play the Pirates of the Carribbean theme on the piano. Get bored boys, get creative!


We sorted the shed.

Ended up getting it all out and then putting it all back on pallets. Big day. We deliberated over that new shed.... and in the end it was unanimous... to stay put and not move. The new shed just didn't have enough light. There wasn't even a power point nearby for a light. Major oversight. Little one picked that up! So we inspected the recesses of our shed for more water damage and then put everything back.
It's all so tidy. Just waiting for the next downpour. All safe on pallets though. 
So Scotty, I'm still hanging on to the 'prime shed real estate' site just down from you! ... and despite what you say, mine's more 'prime' though...as I have the powerpoint... which you can borrow any time!


I was grateful big son's prep school album was so thick and absorbed most of the water so I could still rescue photos and awards. Small blessings.


Ol' wedding dress didn't fare too well. It was on the top of the shelves that captured all the water.
I won't bore you with photos of damaged stock and spectacular mould.... oh ok just one....


T'was a nice magazine rack. Maybe it's good to put some of these up for 'Mr Insurance Assessor'.


Puddles of the stuff.
At every level.
Aren't I lucky!... just as well I have honed my flood cleaning up skills over the past year.
This was a cinch to clean up really.


Wanna know what 'Mr Shed Supervisor, Floor Cleaner Upper, Pseudo Manager' said about this pile?
"Oh you could still sell them, just clean' em up a bit".
I hit the roof. 
He got me at weak moment, just 5 seconds after I had started pulling out the damaged stuff.
My boys had to calm me down. They're good boys.


A 'pretty' to erase the past nasty images from your retinas.
See that little round trinket box at the bottom?
My friend just brought that back for me from Hong Kong.
I will treasure it.

We're off to the dentist this morning, then the barber.
It doesn't get much more exciting than that.
It's raining... so I slept in (to like 5.30am ... miracle!)... and ditched my run.

Happy Wednesday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...