Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Blogger Etiquette and Nasty Comments

When we blog about our homes and life styles we are sharing our lives and our thoughts on many subjects, perhaps of interest to others and then again perhaps not.
We love it when we know people read what we have posted and perhaps even take the time to comment. It is how I have made many wonderful and dear friends.

There seems to be a flip side to this coin however.....
The anonymous nasty commenter!!

Is it necessary for people who don't like your blog to leave nasty and anonymous comments?

I don't think it is!

I follow and read a number of blogs, many of them different, as they appeal to different parts of my life. Faith, homeschooling, homemaking and parenting, craft and mothering. They are all interesting and beautiful blogs, and yet they are their 'own people' so to speak and each is as different from each other as to me.

Now even though I read these I don't always have the time to comment. Even though I would love to let the person know I have read what they have gone to the effort to share and how it affected me. How it made me think, how I was moved to be  a better person or  just that I appreciated the time and effort in sharing their thoughts.

Now in all honesty I don't expect EVERYONE to ALWAYS agree with EVERYTHING  I say!!! And I would be willing to allow you your opinion in a polite and agreeable way.

BUT this is my blog and I reserve the right not to publish just plain nasty comments about me and my family. Hence the use of comment moderation.

So I would like to ask the so called  anonymous KATE with no  profile information available (and others) who constantly leave these comments to stop reading my blog if it offends you so much. I am sure I will not miss you and you obviously are distressed by reading what I have to share.

I think it is a shame that people who have nothing positive to say 'run around' the blogging world and leave these spiteful little darts in our comments. Of course they are usually anonymous or leave a name (like dear Kate) but no profile to access.
I know that it happens to other kindred spirits as they have had to resort the path I now take and actually say something about this.......well, infestation.

So if you would be so kind, if you understand the meaning of the word, just go and find something else to useful to do with your life. You won't miss me.............

And I won't miss you!!

Blessings to you and your homes,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...