Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

~*Kitchen Tour, Part 2*~

Welcome
to the second part of my kitchen tour. I hope you all will bear with me...this post has a lot of pictures.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The stairs leading to the upstairs...I love the little bannister. The apron belonged to my dear Mom...I have a picture of it on my other blog if you want to see what it looks like up close.
This little toy cookstove was given to me by my dear Gram...she had a real working stove just like this in her kitchen. Just thinking about it makes me feel all warm and cozy...I remember in the winter sitting by it to get warm after I was outside playing in the snow!
A courting candle given to me by my dear friend Josie.
I got this scale at a yard sale several years ago.
I am a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook collector...they are my weakness (that and Vera Bradley purses...lol). The small pitcher belonged to my Gram.
The plate rack (I have two of them) came from Goodwill...I paid $1.00 a piece for them. They were cream and I painted them black, of course! The plates are from Marshall's.
A wreath with pipberries (another of my favorite things).
An old tea kettle found in the attic of my parents home.
I found the old grater at a yard sale...when I came home with it, my dh just looked at me a shook his head...lol! He just doesn't understand about the things I love...I'm glad all of you dear blogging friends do.
This old pie pan belonged to my Gram...she baked many pies in it. I have so many wonderful memories of the time I spent with her. The pictures are framed recipes cards hand written by my Gram and Mom.
I know this pie pan isn't very "pretty", but it is very special to me.
This pitcher and butter dish are thrift store/church sale finds.
Cookie cutters that belonged to my Gram.
My window sill.
A corner of my counter.
A small basket of pipberries and a punched tin night light (I have a black one in our bathroom).
Framed keys that belonged to my dear Dad.
More cookbooks...I love the name Fannie Farmer.
The rest of my Gooseberry Patch collection.
An old Rumsford Complete Cookbook dated 1931. It belonged to my Mom.

A star lamp.
My spice cupboard from Wal-mart filled with Watkins spice tins.
My collection of church sale aprons...I don't wear any of these, but I do like to look at them.
My chalkboard...the picture frame cost me .50 cents at a yard sale. We bought a regular chalkboard at one of the office stores and attached it to the frame.

My old kitchen had a lot of cows in it...I downsized and kept a few of them. The enamel ware pitcher belonged to my Gram.
Enamel ware mug from my parents.
Another of my Gram's pie pans...I attached a star to it since I love stars! The cow was given to me by my Mom. The sheep I found at a thrift store.
An old jar full of rag balls...Ok, looking at this jar I'd have to say half full...lol!
Another of my Gram's pie pans.
Two old bean pots and a pitcher that belonged to my Gram.
An old crock from my Gram with pipberries.
Found these two stitceries at a yard sale...I mean they looked terrible...they were all dusty and dirty and the frames were awful, but I bought them anyways. I washed them up and painted the frames...now they're just like new/old!
If you've made it through all of my pictures I thank you for taking the time to look at them!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
There will be a part 3 of the tour...we'll take a look at my signs so stayed tuned and have a wonderful weekend, my dear blogging friends!
Love, Kim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...