Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Vintage Treasures


Met Annie at the WAC (Woolloongabba Antique Centre) yesterday, so we could search for treasures.

Look at this beautiful old Dentist's Table, circa 1939!


I was seriously getting my 'industrial' on....


... until we stumbled upon Sandy's (Paint Me White) shop. I recognised it from this beauty that she had just recently featured on her blog. It was snapped up, right there and then, by a lucky customer. 


Sandy, you are so talented!


Look at this gorgeous 'coastal buffet'.... Sandy's....


... and this darling 'little person's' desk... Sandy's.
My youngest would love it.


Annie (she's gonna kill me) bought one of Sandy's sweet little blue coastal chairs... and then surprised us all with an impromptu 'sitting down dance' performance to 'Saturday Night Fever', that was playing over the loud speaker system. WAC, you have GREAT music!


Thought I'd recognised this Ikea tin with fake lavender in it. The stall holder confirmed that she had retrieved it from the Salvos at Capalaba. Yep, that's where it was deposited, along with all my Balinese furniture, when I moved from my home in Morningside way back when. It's a small world. Flattered that someone thought my taste back then is still relevant to the world we live in today.


And don't think I didn't stop by Katherine's shop ('The Old Boathouse')... I know, Katherine has shops everywhere... and.... you guessed it... she wasn't there (the Scarlett Pimpernel, I tell you).

Katherine, I love this vintage scooter and I would have bought it..... but my son's stitches have not yet dissolved in this chin from his last accident. 


Of course, all this activity lead to the overwhelming need for mid morning sustenance.
Gluten free of course....because that's important..... so I'm told.


Katrina was having a 'challenging' day.
Couldn't help thinking of her when I walked past this.


And who didn't sit at a table like this in 1971 for their 4th birthday. Not me.
Remember Mum? I'm going to go and dig out that photo in the shed (blog fodder).


Annie was most excited about visiting my shed later in the day. 
The excitement soon wore off.

Thank goodness for damaged stock. I now have new lamps in my little dining area...


... and new chairs... well sort of.. recognise them? 

Put them in storage long enough and they feel like new again...
..... although my tastes have changed... anyone want 8 beautiful, as new, linen skirted chairs?
... or even 4? Or the whole dining setting from 'The House'... big oak table included?

I digress. 

It was a lovely day. Friends, food, new treasures and old.. and even damaged ones!

Happy weekend! 
What are you up to? 
We're off to the movies.
Photobucket


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...