Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Boy Update

'Lizard Fellowhip'

Well, before we get into a week of 'house-ey' discussions and drooling over various kitchens and such, I thought I might give you an update on my lads.

They are growing up fast. My big son is as tall as me now (which isn't saying too much as I am a shrimp)... but we stand eye to eye. He's tall enough to put his arm around my shoulder as we leave school each afternoon. It's a funny feeling, having your baby the same size as you. He's growing into a beautiful man... I am totally biased and ferociously defensive... even with the School Marshall, arguing the severity of his first Friday detention because he forgot to 'sign on' in the morning.....for the first time ever... in his 7 years at the school. Devastation..... as it goes on his school record. No.... not smoking in the toilets, not getting into a fight, not slipping back to A's from A+s... forgot to sign the attendance sheet. I fought the battle and lost (I am sure they have mummies fighting their son's battles all the time). I thought I'd fight this one as other boys forget to sign on and only get lunch rubbish pick up punishment or just get told not to do it again. I though it was harsh and inconsistent .... so I gave it a go.... but detention it is :(

"Don't worry Mum, at least I'll never forget to do it again". Oh well, lesson learnt. Growling Mother though.


As you can see the lizards are thriving and constantly smothered with love. Nigel and Brian became Nigella and Brianna there for a while but we have now confirmed that Brianna is actually a Brian and Nigella remains a Nigella. They live a blissful life in their tank with 'boy fellowship' on the deck every afternoon after school. You'd think they'd run when they are let out. No, they sit and let the boys hold their hands and tickle their chins.

'M for Mum'

Little one is still little.... as light as a feather but the best striker ever! He runs to the sideline every time he scores a goal and gives me the 'M for Mum' sign... as he reckons he scores more goals when I am there watching him. Bless his little heart.

I love being their Mum.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...