Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Yesterday's Ponderings


Do you like my new boots? They were $40...I got them while I was away... yep, they are so not leather... for $40 how could they be... but they are perfect for knocking around on filthy, muddy soccer fields.
I only took my eye off the game to take this photo as big son was substituted off to take a puff on his ventolin (has inherited my tragic lungs).


'Little tacker' took a long shot for me. I think they are cool and comfy as.
Good advertisement for 'Pizza Capers'. They gave me that cooler for my birthday... so generous.


Speaking of 'tacker'... he got player of the week.... and big son scored 2 of his team's 4 goals. It was a big day. Another ad for Pizza Capers... they do a great Vegetarian Pizza... bit heavy on the garlic but super herbed up!

Now I did some pondering through my boys games yesterday. Conclusion and decision made. Life is short. I have a 'bucket list'. I am going to play soccer.

I never had the chance to play a team sport as a young girl. I so wanted to play hockey but I was never allowed to. It was music lessons for me. No sport. I do not want to leave this earth without having played a team sport. I want to be part of a sporting team, tackle the opposition, score goals and sit around and have a natter and 'after match drinks'... or whatever they do?.... tea and scones?

Fortuitous that the Division 7 Women's Team was playing after my boys matches. They're Mums and they're old.... like me! I had a chat to them and watched their game. They said I was welcome on their team. Hmm... and they have pink soccer boots.

I am purchasing a pair of soccer boots on Monday. I am going to start by training with my boys on a Thursday night. I love soccer. If I'd have had a girl, she would have played the game. 

My inner child is going to get her chance... finally... at the tender age of 44. I am so excited. Can I do this? Am I too old? Will it hurt lots? I hope I don't cry when I get tackled to the ground. 

Are any of you going 'radical' (my boys' assessment of the whole situation) as you get older too? Ticking off a bucket list?
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...