Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Home Happenings


We're flat out here at the moment as we get ready to move next week. We are moving into a house. More room for the boys, more room for my bits and pieces that have been stored in the shed, more room for my work stock in the shed.... now that my bits and pieces will have a home. It's all systems go for 'musical belongings'.


I'm trying not to think about how much I am going to miss living in West End. I have been hanging out at Justine's coffee shop a lot...... because I know I won't be as of next week. I have eaten my body weight in the 'Haloumi Special' and her 'to die for' Brownies. 

I'm going to miss the locals and the 2 lovely ladies who greet me most days at the coffee shop with a post mortem of my morning's blog post. I will have to come back once a week to catch up on all the local happenings.


Our new residence is close to some spectacularly long bike tracks. We can travel further afield from a bike track starting right in our new street. I have been eyeing off these beauties, in the garage next to ours. Aren't they lovely? Not that I am not 99.9% happy with my $49 bargain from Target. My brakes are just a bit questionable...... I have to use my feet to come to a complete stop. It's doable.


Love.


I am going to have a wonderful time exploring my new suburb on my morning runs. This is just a taste of what you will be seeing. I have already done a reconnaissance mission. There are some beauties to be found.


And in other news, my boys came home from school completely sunburnt yesterday.....after an unbearable 2 hours on the oval at school, in the full sun ..... listening to the School Principal list off every major event, in every year in the school's history.... since the first year of it's life 100 years ago.


At least they got a good photo. That's all 1800 students. My little tacker is where the red arrow is pointing... see him smiling? Big son was in the second zero, with all the big kids. The second zero does look taller!... they're the ones carrying the eskys to school...bigger household grocery bills in that zero. I can vouch for that.


While I was away in Melbourne, I made sure I stole as many design ideas from wherever I could.
I like the idea of a little mirror at the end of a vanity, especially when it has a light sticking out of it.
This was a hotel public toilet... as you do. Inspiration everywhere.

I am seeing a couple of gorgeous clients today. My first client bought her friend, for her birthday, 2 hours with me! I am so flattered. My second client is doing a major renovation and needs some calming advice.... and then I hope I am not too late to put in an offer on a beautiful block in a prime position on this side of town. Perfect size, good price, a knockdown house. It just came on the market last night. My clients come first so I might miss out. If it's meant to be.....

Happy Thursday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...