Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine Ribbon Banner - small tutorial

Here is a small tutorial on a Valentine Ribbon Banner I made last year for those of us considering what we might make for this St Valentine's Day. I hope you enjoy looking at this very simple craft.

As part of our decorating I had made a ribbon banner with sculpy love hearts.
I don't think it photograped as well as it could have. It really looks very lovely and spans the entire fire place.
I used ribbon from the $2 shop and just cut it to lengths and tied it on to a very long ribbon. You can use whatever width you desire and mix up the style and colour of ribbons for added effect.

for the long foundation ribbon I just used one of the ribbons I had bought, but you could easily use a crochet chain or finger knitted chain too. I used pink, red and white ribbon to make this and pale pink and white to create the sculpy heart. I worked on it over a few nights while spending time with the older children, although it really is a quick project the baking of the sculpy (or fimo) is the most time consuming part.
I actually think if used with different colours it could be used for birthdays or other celebrations too. If fact I am about to start making one now, for St Patrick's day.
To cut out the sculpy shapes, first roll out to the desired thickness then  I used two of our heart cookie cutters and cut the smaller one from the larger shape, thus having a heart with a hollow looking center and a whole heart. I poked a hole in the top with a skewer prior to baking them.

Let them cool before stringing up but still be careful as they are a little fragile.

Tie them on to your long  ribbon string in the desired places you want them to be. In fact due to the easy construction of this project you can take items off and put them on in different orders to please your eye at any time, thus making it multi purpose if you desire.

Enjoy your crafting and please let me know if you make one of these too!

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...