Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

New England Elegance


Look at this heartstoppingly (is that a word?... it is now) gorgeous home! 
Brace yourself...... it's here in Brisbane. 
I know!

This beautiful home belongs to one my readers. Believe it or not, after gazing at her photos for a while, I realised that her Great Room (with fireplace) was the room that originally inspired me to do the whole 'stone fireplace with window seats on either side' thing in 'The House'. I have a wrinkled page from some magazine featuring my reader's very fireplace somewhere in my 'House Box'... at the back of the shed! 


I think the bookcases inspired me too. Oh yes they did!... I remember... the little drawers above the cupboards... yes! It was a while back. 
That fireplace... yep, right down to the hearth...this was the room that started off my Great Room.


This is the entry.
Look at the little light in the newel post! 
Love.


Now the good news is... if you desperately have to live in this beautiful place...you can... because it's for sale! The listing is HERE. .... with heaps more photos! Run, don't walk. Ref: FF, 2010.

Don't the weeks fly? We've already had 3 weeks of Term 1. Mini-brag... my big son made the 'BJL' team (Brisbane Junior League) for soccer. It's the highest level he can play at for his age. 

Bursting. With. Pride.

Little one is also excelling at soccer as the best striker ever... and he has joined the school choir too. So we now have something on every afternoon after school.... soccer, scouts, soccer, choir, piano, soccer, guitar. Bye - bye life. I will be spending most afternoons in the car with computer on lap....and loving every minute. 

Anything for my beautiful boys.

Happy Friday!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...