Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008

~*A Pringles Can Gift Container*~

First of all, thank you, sweet friends, for your kind comments on my last post - An Inexpensive Gift. My hairdresser was very happy with my token of appreciation! If you want to see my new "do" then take a peak at my other blog for a look. I feel like a new person!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Anywho...my dd and I are going to an Avon Christmas party this afternoon. Our Avon lady, who is also a dear friend, gives this party in appreciation for all her customers. I wanted to put a little gift together for Nancy and this is what I came up with. I had this empty Pringles can and as you can see it says, "special size to customize." That gave me an idea to decorate it so I could give Nancy some of my chocolate covered pretzels. The can is the perfect shape!
I cut a piece of gift wrap to fit the can.
I wrapped it around the can and secured it with tape.
I decided to cover the lid of the can with some muslin. I used a small plate as a template.
I cut it out with pinking scissors.
I wanted her gift to have a nice tag so I found a tag that I already had and cut the edges with decorative scissors.
I added my own decorative touches.
This is the finished product...it was so easy.
I used a different melting chocolate this time and it worked out so much better. It was called Bakers Heat and Dip Dipping Choclate...it was very easy and was alot smoother and easier to work with than the brand I used yesterday.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Unfortunately, I still do not have any decorating done inside. I got invovled in a crafting project so decorating was put on the back burner...I can't wait to show you what I've been up to! Thanks again for your visits and your kind words...I appreciate you all so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...