Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

New York, I Seriously Love You To Bits

How about two of these, one either side of my future front door....instead of the topiaries? Ha!

Having much trouble getting a post up. As much as I would love to load up hundreds of photos of this beautiful city, the Blogsy app keeps crashing and it takes soooo long to do a post..and I find I swear a lot when I lose everything I have just spent half an hour doing! Curse, curse, curse. The walls are blushing!

Alice in Wonderland, Central Park

Just quickly, we had the most wonderful day yesterday. A very active day... what day isn't in NYC? We walked 20 blocks to start The Highline walk, did the beautiful walk, caught the subway up to Central Park and spent the next 2 hours riding these really dodgy street hawker bikes around the whole park.....in INTENSE heat. 3 gallons of fluid in, no fluid out sorta heat. Intense!

I left Katrina, 'blister girl', and her hubby to hobble back to their hotel and I took a walk down Broadway. I can't get enough of it. Whenever I have to walk up or down town, I always go via Broadway.
Then for dinner we dined in a diner where aspiring singers and actors entertain you with their song whilst serving you. They are graduates waiting for their big break on Broadway...and they get there, most of them .....through being discovered at this fabulous diner. I could have sat there all night! Their voices!!! As soon as this gorgeous guy started singing Anthony Warlow's 'This Is The Moment', I was a mess.


The crowning moment of the day was when I scored a ticket to my most coveted Broadway show. They are booked out for 2 years but I got one! Don't ask me how. Row 4, best seat in the house. Tonight. Be still heart.
 
I am rushing off to nowhere now. I'm giving myself an unstructured day where I am going to start at a point and plan to end at another...and see what happens in between.

Back soon,

A-M xx

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...