Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Somewhere To Live


We are now seriously looking for somewhere to live. 

I went further afield for my morning run yesterday... up into Highgate Hill.... to investigate the terrain... and to sniff out any 'for lease' signs I might have missed online. 


Very hilly.
Good for the legs.


I found a million streets I could live in...

... and houses that are not for rent! Anything decent is over $1000/week! Easy.
Brisbane, we are like the frog being slowly boiled.
This town is expensive.


Seriously gorgeous.


A super huge block in the city. Like acres. Who knew?


Sympathetic renovations. Love them.


Unfortunately most of the 'For Lease' properties are more like this.


At least they have car accommodation.


This is interesting. 
A recent 'unsympathetic' renovation of a sweet little cottage that did have a front verandah... once.



....and with this place, they just joined two houses together.....


.. and boarded up the front door to the second house! As you do.


I'd be happy with something like this.... without the old lounge suite, mop and buckets and rubbish bags on the front porch. I strategically positioned the greenery in the centre of the shot to pretty it up a bit.

I so want to stay in West End. I love my life here. I love the people and the community. There are no airs and graces...no judgements...no one-upmanship. Diversity is embraced. If I chose to ride down the street on a unicycle, playing a pan flute, no-one would bat an eyelid.....

... and the roads are relatively flat so I can ride my bike everywhere. I love that. I love riding to the little 'Billy Tea' corner store to get the milk... and having a chat with the owner about local goings on. I love riding into town to run my errands, stopping to chat to Bill on the way. I love not having to pay $50/minute parking anywhere in this damn expensive town.

So, we're off to see some places this morning.
Wish me luck! Fingers xxxxx
Life can change in an instant... let's hope it's today!

A-M xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...