Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2007

~* Fort Days and A Dessert *~

Our local town of Ligonier, PA, has a celebration every year on the second weekend in October called Fort Ligonier Days. It is a three day festival full of music, food, crafts, and history. One of the highlights of the festivities is the parade on Saturday that lasts several hours. I have gone to Fort Days for years (ever since I was a small child) so I decided to take advantage of everyone being at the parade on Saturday to look at the craft booths. The only things I bought were a bag of potpourri and a small basket with pipberries in it. It was a lovely day, but a little on the chilly side when you were in the shade. I wish I would have taken a picture to show you how many people come out for this festival...it is amazing that a small town festival draws so many people.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Our church is having a meal after church services today so I decided to make "Pumpkin Surprise". I love recipes that are super easy, but taste delicious...this is one of these recipes and I'd like to share it with you. It smells delightful!

~*Pumpkin Surprise*~

Mix together:

1 large can of pumpkin
1 can of evaporated milk
2 cups of sugar
2 beaten eggs
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 baking dish.

Sprinkle the following ingredients on top of the pumpkin mixture in the order listed:

1 box of yellow cake mix
1 cup of chopped pecans
Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter and drizzle over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...