Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Subject Of Tiles


You'd think the email questions, re my house build, would have dried up by now. My house was finished in early 2009.... but I think there are some old ragged copies of that Home Beautiful mag still lying around in Dr's surgeries.... as I still get at least 3 enquiries each day over something in that house.

Today I am going to slightly waffle on about the tiles I used in the house... as I need to put them down in a post..... so I don't have to keep rummaging through my specs box to find the details each time I receive an enquiry.

All my tiles were sourced from Urban Tile Company, Capalaba, Brisbane. No, I am not getting paid to promote them. I have not been paid to promote any of my suppliers or subcontractors. I did get a scratchie once from my kitchen people.... oh, and a restaurant voucher. They have gotten many, many kitchens out of me. And hey, Lloydy, pool dude... my next pool is free right? I digress.

Urban Tiles were great. I will use them again.... even though I am nowhere near Capalaba now. Nothing was a problem. When we ran out of tiles, more turned up the same day. We ran out of tiles because I was a rookie tile estimator and ended up deciding on having more tiles in places where they looked nice!.... like subway tiles as a skirting feature in the laundry.


I used the same tiles in all the wet areas... bathrooms, toilets, laundry, downstairs powder room.
The floor tile was a grey tile with rivers of white running through it.
If you are wandering past Urban Tile Company, looking for it, it's code is MB45SA001. 450 x450.


I cut this biggie up into mosaics for all the showers to give the floor a bit of grip.


I have an aversion to shower glass so I ended up adding a hob to the downstairs powder room, as the shower was used every time there was a pool run..... down the side decking, into the laundry and up into the powder room shower. The hob was handy as it contained wet togs and other pool paraphernalia whilst showering was underway.

You can see the wall tiles.. sort of... in this photo. They were white with a beautiful damask pattern in them. Their code was: KH16W240. 300 x400.


Construction photo. I confess, I had to use shower glass in the boy's bathroom. It was the only bathroom that had glass. I used the mosaic tile on the hob around the boys bath to make it all look a bit more masculine. 


I used a gloss white 200 x 100 subway tile for the kitchen, butler's pantry and laundry.


I had an email from a lovely gent this morning, who remarked, "I don't know how you could leave that house'. I look at these photos and I am glad that someone else is enjoying it and I have the opportunity now to do it all again.... can't wait to get into all this nitty gritty again!

Happy Saturday! We're off on our bikes to get the papers. I am being called as I type.... "Hurry up Mum"!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...