Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sunday


I ran past this beauty this morning.... well I walked... and then ran after I took photos.... just in case the owner started chasing me. It's for the good of nation, my 'run past' photos.


I love it. It's so different.


That's all the photos I could get, as it started raining. Despite placing my iPhone in a snap-lock sandwich bag, in my arm thingy, I am still paranoid about it getting wet.

I did manage to have a chat to a local about the flood here. Boy, almost every house was under. This gent I was chatting to said that the flood drove no-one away. They all stayed and rebuilt. There is a lot of 'suburb pride' here. I want to build a house here but I am afraid of the insurance premiums.. really. I have had quotes just for home contents insurance....from $359 pa in West End to $4000pa here..... and those companies who will exclude flood and cover everything else?.... the premium is still not much under $3000. I smell a rort. Can you imagine what a whole house would cost to insure?

I have a house full of teenage boys. We've just had pancakes whilst dissecting the school dance last night. Lots of girl talk. 

I used to go to the Churchie school dances...... back in the day, when I went to State High. They were the reason I chose my boy's school for my boys.... as the lads were such gentlemen....even at the dances. I used to catch the train home with them. I used to think they were so polite and had such nice manners. I remember saying to myself, "when I have boys, they're going to go to that school". Isn't it funny how life turns out?

Right, the days events are about to start so I'm off to be the voice of reason amongst some excited lads.

Happy Sunday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...