Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Yesterday


I woke up to a gorgeous day. Look at our beautiful river at 5am. I sit on my deck and contemplate it's beauty every morning. It's a millpond until the first rowers carve it up. Just as I took this photo a rattly old dragon boat with loud clunky oars made it's way down the river and disturbed the glassy surface. 

My lease is up soon. I'm going to miss this view.


Adding to the perfection of the morning was this sole remaining cupcake that had my name written on it. The batch lasted one day. Boys!


We took off into town and chained up our bikes in the 'underwhelming square'.


We made a donation to 'Children's Cancer Research' which ensured that we got heavily into the Christmas spirit.


Self conscious teenager soon ditched his....


... but little one bounced around like a flea in his...


... revelling in the delicious "9 days 'til Christmas" feeling...


... garnering support from other 'reindeer antler wearing folk'.... and there were many.


There were no fights over the customary Maltesers purchase this time, as their Mum brought along 2 sandwich bags and divied them up precisely. I was a girl guide you know. 'Be Prepared'.


Ran into Bill on the way home. Little one had a few questions for him, that he had been pondering for a while. Does Bill have somewhere to go when it rains? Does Bill have someone to spend Christmas Day with? What would he like most for Christmas? 

We're getting him what he would like most....fresh fruit... and "those tins of pineapple juice that taste really nice chilled". Do you have an esky Bill? No. Do you want one? "No. It's just stuff to carry around. The fish shop gives me ice and I just chill things in my trolley." 

We got home and little one said, "I am going to make a nice Christmas card for Bill".
That's my boy.

Happy Saturday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...