Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

~* Mantel *~

There was a part of my home that I've never been crazy about and that was the large boxed area in our living room. It's only function was to hide heater ducts, water pipes, etc (This part of the house is log so when it was remodeled in the 60's this is how everything was run up to the second floor). I think it was downright ugly! Ever since we moved into our home 2 years ago I've been looking for ways to make it more appealing. I decided to go on a search for an old mantel...needless to say what I found didn't work because they were always too wide. So, I told a friend of ours what I was wanting to do and he made this matel for us. I am so happy how it turned out. Here is a bigger view of the living room. This is what you see from the front door. This room isn't that large, but I still would like to do some rearranging of the furniture. We'll see what happens and if I'm happy with the results you'll definitely see pictures! Here is a closeup. The H O M E tealights were my latest find at Big Lots. They were from Hallmark. I paid $4.00 for them. The two taller candle holders were a thrift store find several years ago. I paid 25 cents a piece for them. My dh is a horse man...the horse figure came from Tractor Supply during one of their after Christmas sales. Can't remember the price, but I know it was cheap. Thanks for stopping by!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thank you Terri and Bob, Julie (Nunnie's Attic), Oak Wind Farm, Susan, My Heart Is Always Home, Kate, Bren, Heidi, Manuela, Karen, Deb, Lindy, Cherry, Kim K, Kim (Daisy Cottage), Becky, Mikki Jo, Heather, Mrs. U, Sandy and Marilyn for the sweet comments you left about my Gram's cookie cutters, the canisters, and my kitchen! I really appreciate the time you all have taken to look at my pictures and read what I have to say. Thank you again...I wish I could invite you all over for a visit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...