Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2007

~* Kitchen Corners *~

I spent a lot of time in my dear Gram's kitchen...it was a place for holiday meals, baking, quilting, playing games or just talking. I've always wanted a kitchen that reflected my love for my Gram. I've been s-l-o-w-l-y trying to bring homey touches to my kitchen. Here are few pictures of what I've done in the past few days:
The cookie cutters that belonged to my dear Gram are finally hung up!
I have been looking for new canisters. I found these the other day for half price at one of my favorite local stores, Collections by Marty. They are labeled as "For Decorative Use Only" so I am using them to store my other cookie cutters...at least they'll be handy now! They are enamelware...they look like something she would have had.
I still have several things I need to work on; my bulletin board...dh is working on finding a board to use. I did find the chalkboard spray paint though. The other project is using one of the old wooden window frames from our house. I want to get old pictures from my dh's side of the family and old pictures from my side of the family and place them behind the glass. I have the vision for it...just not the time to do it!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thank you Wendi, Heidi, Melissa, Cherry, Becky, Terri and Bob, BB, Kelli, Lindy, Abbie, Nunnie, Rhoda, and Manuela for your nice comments about the sign my dd gave to me. She also brought her Dad a golf shirt since he LOVES golfing. Another thing that I thought was sweet is she called me several times a day to let me know what they were doing each day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...