Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

~*Things That Make Me Smile*~

Hello dear friends...I wanted to share with you some of the things in my home that are special to me...
a jar full of buttons that belonged to my "Gram"

my first pincushion...my Mom bought it for me when I took home ec in 7th grade...

I have always loved wooden spools...

my dear Gram spent many hours sewing on this Singer sewing machine...if I close my eyes I can hear the steady hum and her laughter!
this special porcelain shoe...
celebrating the birth of my dear daughter, Emily...
a tiny wooden rabbit carved by my Uncle Bud...I remember that he was a big man, with big hands (and a wonderful laugh)... I often wondered how he could carve something so very small
a picture of me, my Gram and my Mom from 1977...I never went anywhere without my denim hat (lol).
a jar of shells collected by my daughter, my baby shoes and several of my favorite books...
a small pill box with a four-leaf clover and a powder box...
yes, these are a few things that put a smile on my face today...
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thanks for stopping by...I really appreciate it that you all take the time to visit and leave such sweet comments!
Love, Kim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...