Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Friendship Elelment Story...

Last month I was very excited when I saw the opportunity to be involved in this Wooden Folk Exchange. As I am pretty sure the ladies I will be exchanging with do not visit my blog I can post this quite safely.

I have had so much fun painting saints for our family that I was ready (with other plans in mind) to try some new ideas.
So I was very excited to be part of this creative endeavor.
What made it more interesting for me, and a little daunting was the idea of writing a story to go with the characters I was painting.
My idea was to use the four elements: Earth, Water, Fire and Air as my creative inspiration.
I really enjoyed making up the story first and then painting the wooden dolls to suit the story.
I then re-wrote the story out on some water colour paper I hand painted, and well here I decided to cheat a little and then photocopied it. I was a little over enthusiastic about hand writing it out for all 4 ladies, until I actually started ...so sorry but copies is what I will be sending.
Miss Fire
This is Miss Fire: she was fun to create- her dress is red and her hair has various flame colours through it. She holds  a candle and has flames at the bottom of her dress.
Lady Air
Lady Air: was the hardest to imagine- I painted her white with black hair (for storm clouds) and  she is holding a night sky and has light blue clouds on her dress.
Maid Water
Maid Water: is blue with white hair and seaweed colour tinge through it. She has a shell belt and green to blue and white waves a the bottom of her dress. She holds a heart shaped shell with foam on it.
Mistress Earth
Mistress Earth: is green with brown hair and how could I not give her a green belt and beautiful flowers to hold and around her dress.

I fancy I will be making more of these, as frankly I am loathe to give them away. My children tell me this is good for me as I do have a hard time every time I make something for someone else....I fall in love with it.

I have a few other ideas complete with stories that I am ready to start as well.....but I need to remember to slow down as I shared in my Ash Wednesday post too. Seriously I find this hard as I am all so eager to start a new project.

Thank you for dropping by this weekend and I Pray you are all enjoying your own weekends.

Blessings to you and your homes,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...