Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Simple Pleasures - Books

This week for my Simple Pleasure I would like to share my love of books.
Of course long time readers of my blog will know that I love books and children's books especially.

I think that reading opens up such a world of opportunity for anyone who chooses to read. We have so many choices in reading material that I cannot believe that anyone would find it difficult to really find a type of book they like.

For me this really is no problem. I have so many different types of books I enjoy. Some are old friends that I visit again and again. These are both fiction and non fiction. I am always open to new 'friends' too

But the thing I love about the Simple Pleasure of reading is the joy I see in the faces of our children as they too discover new and interesting worlds and facts.

To highlight this just yesterday our 10 year old who can read but hadn't developed that real desire and love of reading finished the first book in a series of books that his sisters and I have read recently, The Mismantle Chronicles.
This was the first book that I saw that joy light up his face. He couldn't wait to share bits and pieces from the book, and to ask questions about characters and what might happen.
 It really was a beautiful day as far as book loving goes for as well as this triumph we had a situation where nearly everyone was happy to sit together in the family room and read another family favourite collection, Asterix and Obelix series and the Tintin series. 
I was able to do some hand sewing and cuddle our sweet little Arwen.

Books and reading has been a major part of our family circle experiences. For many years we have read aloud together and shared the same books over and over again. It creates a wonderful sense of completeness to have each family member read the same book and then be able to share the best quotes and talk about shared experiences.

What simple joy and pleasure to be involved in a family activity that can unite us all together and can give such Simple Pleasure.

Simple pleasure because we can all be with each other each doing our own thing but united in an enjoyment that can be created over and over again.

Once again  linking to Dayles Simple Pleasures for this post.
Seriousl I love looking for the simple pleasures in my life.

Blessings to you and your homes,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...