Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

SILENCE



Silence. Gail Potocki. Oil on linen in handmade frame.

This painting by Gail Potocki about the Exxon Valdez oil spill didn't just speak to me it hypnotized me. I haven't been able to stop looking at it.

I learned about it from Thomas Negovan, Gallery Director at Century Guild in Chicago. He wrote to me:
The painting, Silence, was created as a symbolic representation of two elements of the Exxon Valdez oil spill: one, the deadly silence of the landscape, and second, the avoidance of talking about the event. Sadly, it is far too relevant again this month.
Plans are afoot at Century Guild and with Gail Potocki to produce a print with 100% of sales going as a charity to assist the rescue efforts relating to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. I'll keep you posted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...