Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

~♥ Things That Make Me Smile ♥~

Hello blogging friends...I thought I'd take the time to share some of the things that make me smile.  I L♥VE cookbooks...always have and always will.  I've posted several pictures of my newest cookbooks...the illustrations are darling and the recipes seem easy enough to do! 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The first three cookbooks are written by Roxie Kelley and Friends; Illustrations by Shelly Reeves Smith.  I just can't stop looking at these books...their style is similar to Susan Branch books (which I adore, too).  I purchased my books at Amazon.com.
Aren't these illustrations darling?


I was lucky enough to find this Susan Branch cookbook at TJ Maxx.  It was the only one...it was hidden behind a bunch of other books...waiting just for little ol' me.
Aren't these napkins as cute as a button?  I'm in love with the color red and just knew that I had to bring them home as well.
And finally, this Hallmark ornament from 2009 really makes me smile...I just love the detail...wish I had a better camera to show you...there's even writing on the back of the recipe card!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Question and Answer Time:
Susan wanted to know where my dear Husband keeps things from his pockets...well, Susan, I have a small holder by his side of the bed.  We also designated one drawer in his dresser for things that he can't fit on the night stand so at least it's out of sight.
Lisa wanted to know about my bedding...let's see if I can remember:  The yellow coverlet came from TJ Maxx. The red toile pillow and comforter at the end of the bed was something I got at Kmart a LONG time ago. It's actually a twin set. It was Martha Stewart and was dirt cheap on clearance. Now the yellow quilt and shams I ordered on line, but for the life of me I cannot remember where. I actually had seen an insert in the Sunday paper several years ago and that's how I found out about the place...wish I could remember the name of it. The small green pillow was from Dollar General several years ago as well...I just added the doilie.  The red bedskirt is from Kmart's Country Living Collection...the white bedskirt was given to me by a friend.
Well, dear blogging friends...it's time for me to go for now...thank you for stopping by for a visit...I really appreciate it. 
 ♥ Kim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...