Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

And A Building Designer Comes On Board

Bit blurry because I was talking.

I for one can't really have a meeting of any sorts, with anyone, without food and beverage..... so my initial consultation with my Building Designer yesterday involved Justine's 'Haloumi Special'... and we made it a double.

We're on the same page, Mr BD (Building Designer) and me. He understands my obsession with eave returns and double hung windows. We finished each others sentences.... and said, "I agree, I agree, me too, me too", a lot. That's a good sign, I reckon.

Got side tracked off the elevations and floor plan and went into kitchens a bit.  Couldn't help it. I could see the kitchen appearing before me on the floor plan and things had to be said.

As my kitchen ceilings will be 3m high, I was thinking I need cabinets, floor to ceiling, like this:


What do you think? I would almost forgo a pantry for those huge cupboards. I'm also thinking.... white cabinetry.... but a black island bench... with marble bench-tops? .....like this beauty that I pictured the other day:


Award winning Melissa, from Verandah Interiors, loves her marble bench-tops and spills things all over hers and still loves them to bits. Hmmm. Tell me. Yes? No?


My beautiful blog friend, Col, sent me this image (of unknown origin, sorry) as she knows how much I adore a good kitchen nook. I would love a little desk, and a nook for my cookbooks, thrown into the mix. We've already noted a need for the nook in the rough floor plan... sort of. There was lots of scribbling being done... the nook is in there somewhere.


Digressing a little bit more....."Mr BD, this is more of what I was envisioning the pool house to be.... simple, open, casual." He had pool house grand plans.... and I have a budget! 

I'm going to talk to Mr BD through my blog as he lives over the other side of town... although I think I can lead him to my side with promises of haloumi and hot chocolate. It's my shout next time.

Anyway, back to the plans. We schemed each elevation (gables and porches and stuff) and the basic living spaces downstairs. We tossed around the idea of having a low L- shaped porch out the back (as well as the front), flowing off all the living areas, with a few wide steps down onto lawn this time... and positioning the pool and pool house, further out from the house. We agreed on everything, Mr BD and me. Thank goodness, because I can get a bit bossy, as I know what I want.... and I didn't want to scare him away on our first meeting.


We got excited about creating a free standing, gabled garage, on the long elevation with a beautiful windowed corridor/hall from the garage to the house....windows with lots of lights.... maybe some 16 light feature windows on both sides of the corridor. It was all sounding so good. We are going to create something really beautiful. I think we are going to work really well together. It's going to be great to have someone to collaborate with this time! Two heads are so better than one. 

I've started. It's good. And the house hasn't even settled yet.

Anyway, it's coffee time! The mornings are so delicious, now that it has cooled down a bit. I am sitting under a blanket on my back patio, enjoying the crisp, early morning air.

Happy Thursday!
Photobucket
PS. Hi Kelly! (blog fan, from the coffee shop)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...