Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

~* Picture Frame Project *~

I found two of these metal picture frames at our church bazaar for .25 cents. I just love the detail of them. However, there was blue paint in the nooks and crannies which I didn't love. I decided to coat them with black paint and then rub the paint off. This allowed the paint to fill up those nooks and crannies...just perfect in my eyes!


I have a bunch of old pictures that I scanned for another project. I took one of those pictures (a picture of my dh when he was a year old) and mounted it on a piece of black card stock and put it in the frame. Would you believe that dh is standing in the same kitchen of the home we live in right now?...now you know why "Home Is Where The Heart Is" for me!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thank you to Jo-Ann, Colleen, Julie, Meggie, Brenda, Kristen, Adrienne, Louise (my new friend who has a blog called "The Home Is Where The Heart Is"), Pattie, Esther, Robin, Heidi, Wendi, Penny, Deb, Terri and Bob, and Dena for your kind comments about my cupboard and shelf. I can tell you that they have been hung, but now I'm working on adding my treasures to them...this is proving to take a little time...stay tuned though...pictures will be taken as soon as I'm satisfied with the results.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Julie, I'm not one to jump on the paint band wagon, so to speak, unless the finish is bad. The little cupboard with it's dark finish was bad...some things look good not painted but this wasn't one of them.

Pattie, I am definitely not a painting expert...I know that I do it the wrong way, but it works so I guess that's all that matters. I do not sand or prime the piece I'm working on. I do clean it thoroughly though and then start painting.

Heidi, the shelf was not a yard sale or thrift store find. I actually got this shelf a LONG time ago from a Home Interior party that I had at my home. I have an idea of some of the items for my cupboard, but it's not filled yet. I also do not decorate for Thanksgiving per say...I decorate for fall and that pretty much covers Halloween and Thanksgiving.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, dear friends, it's time to end this post...there are several piles of laundry calling my name. Have a great weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...